A spectroscopy platform to probe materials at the nanometer and picosecond scale.
A cathodoluminescence Attolight tool has been installed at C2N at the end of 2015.
Its very versatile configuration offers many possibilities based on steady-state excitation (simultaneous mapping of cathodoluminescence, EBIC and SEM) and pulsed excitation (time-resolved cathodoluminescence).
- continuous cathodoluminescence (CL)
- time-resolved CL (TRCL)
- secondary electron microscopy (SEM)
- electron-beam-induced current (EBIC)
- spectral range: 250 nm – 1.7 µm
- sample temperature: 10K-350K
- temporal resolution down to 10 ps
- spatial resolution down to 10 nm
- quantitative analysis, no optical alignement, ultra-stable stage
Our scientific program on PV materials focuses on III-V nanowires, polycristalline thin films (CdTe, CIGS), perovskites,… First results obtained by our team include the determination of n-type doping of single nanowires.
Page under construction.