The thematic school on the Physics of Solar Cells: from basic principles to advanced characterization (PVSchool2020) was hosted by Les Houches School of Physics located in the French Alps, from 1st to 6th March 2020. The school was organized by Stéphane Collin and Andrea Cattoni from the C2N, Daniel Suchet from the IPVF and Laurent Lombez from the LPCNO, and it was supported by the CNRS, the IPVF and the Labex NanoSaclay.
This second edition of the PVSchool attracted a great interest with many applications from all over the world and held at full capacity with 68 registered attendees. The program covered the physics of solar cells with a special focus on characterization techniques. The lectures and tutorials (25h) were given by renowned scientists strongly committed to the success of the program (Uwe Rau, Daniel Abou-Ras, Edgardo Saucedo, Philip Schulz, Sascha Sadewasser, Susan Schorr, Jean-François Guillemoles, Etienne Drahi). Two poster sessions were also organized in a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, and we were glad to see attendees enjoying passionate discussions until midnight and more!
Videos of the lectures can be viewed on the Youtube channel of the Les Houches Shool of Physics.
Congrats to Stefan Schäfer and Cyril Léon for the Best Poster Awards!
A portfolio of the week can be viewed here (photos by Andrea Cattoni).
Overall, this second edition of the PV School was a great success. Be sure that the organizers will do their best to organize a third PVSchool edition in 2022 with a novel program, stay tuned!
Stéphane Collin, Laurent Lombez, Andrea Cattoni, Daniel Suchet
A few words from attendees
- “I want to tell you that this is one of the best experiences I have had in my relatively short life.” (A. from France)
- “I would like to thank all the organizers and I hope the event will be successful in the future.” (Y. from UK)
- “It has been one of the best weeks of my Ph.D., especially with the tutorials and discussions. Thank you also for providing a platform to present a poster. In so many ways, the School has been very beneficial for my Ph.D.” (C. from Thailand)
- “Thank you again to you and all of the organizers for such a great event. It was a really nice experience and we learned interesting things while having a good time! Congrats.” (A. from Spain)
- “Thank you so much for your great organization, I really did enjoy the school.” (T. from Taiwan)
- “I was very happy to meet so many nice people, thanks again.” (A. from France)
- “It was a learning experience.” (D. from Luxemburg)
- “Thank you for the lectures and all the discussions we have had this week! It has been great! I’ve learnt a lot of things, really.” (P. from France)
- “Many thanks again for the quality of the organization and the interventions of PV School 2020. Well done.” (J. from France)